Your local officers have been in discussion with management about the effects of the pandemic on nurses at EvergreenHealth. We are happy to announce we have an agreement that benefits all. The complete MOU (Memorandum Of Understanding) is available on the local unit website or by clicking on the button below.
Highlights include the following:
- Paid leave for employer mandated quarantine without losing Vacation or Sick Leave.
- High risk employees will be allowed to either have alternative work assignments, use of employer-granted accrued leave, or unemployment insurance with maintenance of employer-related health insurance benefits as long as the Governor’s proclamation remains in effect.
- Nurses missing work because a child’s school or place of childcare is closed, they may use Washington Paid Sick Leave hours prior to Vacation hours.
- Access to COVID testing hotline to be screened for possible testing.
- Units with confirmed COVID-19 positive patients will have access to hospital provided scrubs, a place to don and doff, and employer will launder scrubs.
- Agreement reaffirms employer will pay accrued vacation hours upon nurses request as described in section 10.5 of collective barging agreement.
We know this has been a challenging time for all of you, and there have been many concerns voiced about a host of issues around PPE, staffing, hazard pay, and changes in schedules. Your WSNA local unit officers and WSNA staff have been in numerous negotiations at the hospital, state, and federal levels to get you hazard pay as recognition of your service in harm’s way. This has been an uphill battle as the employer has been unwilling to move on this topic, but we will continue to advocate for you.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to one of your officers or Nurse Representative Bret Percival directly for any questions or concerns. You are appreciated and valued heroes in this time. We are proud to work alongside you.
Your WSNA Local Unit Officers
Clarise Mahler, RN — Acting Chair
Jomay Ruiz, RN — Secretary
Holly Baker, RN — Treasurer
Theresa Blazer RN – Grievance Officer
Linda Snyder RN – Membership Officer
Val Artamonova RN – Membership Officer
Questions? Contact WSNA Nurse Representative Bret Percival RN at firstname.lastname@example.org.